Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Toothpick Legs

I woke up the other morning and tried to move.  Nope.  Wasn't happening.  Something was different.  Once I finally stood up I could tell that the baby had dropped.  The bowling ball was now firmly settled into my pelvis.  

Normally, I'd say that I have pretty strong legs.  But these days, they feel like toothpicks. Toothpicks holding up a bowling ball.  Like so:


(Hey, that's a pretty good drawing if I do say so myself).  Anyway, hence the need for waddling.  

Had my weekly checkup with the Doc today.  Not really any dialation yet.  Figures.  

18 days to go....18 days to go.....at least I hope it's not longer....18 days to go....



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

good luck! I heard walking helps; but in your case that would be waddling. So lots of waddling!

Victoria Blanchard said...

You can totally follow my blog---and I'll keep up on yours! I think it's cool we're both pregnant at about the same time. Good luck---it sounds like I'll need it when I drop one of these days!

Anna W said...

WOW! That picture is a perfect likeness, where did you go to art school?
:)

The Miguel Family said...

hey angie and kirk! this is andrea miguel (i worked with kirk in lecture prep). it is so exciting that you guys are having a baby. roland and i are expecting a little boy soon as well...hopefully in like 2 days...we will see. well i am glad that i found your blog..it is so fun to see what you guys are up to! we have a blog too if you want to check it out. it is rolandandrea.blogspot.com

BECKY said...

Impressive drawing.

Marah said...

Girlfriend, it's going to be past your due date. Just plan on it.