Monday, May 25, 2009

My D-Day

Okay, due dates are so overrated.  You spend 9 months answering the constant question "When are you due?" and when that long anticipated day comes, and your still pregnant, it's rather anticlimactic. 

Although I've been telling myself all along that I'll probably be overdue, I still had hope!  Pretty much everyone I know is overdue with their first baby, so I fully expected it.  But talking myself out of disappointment doesn't always work.  Deep down I wanted to be exempt from the norm and have this baby early.  Or at least on time!

Only 5% of babies are actually born on their due date.

I also told myself that I would try not to throw a pity party if the baby wasn't here by today.  You know, get out and do something that has nothing to do with babies, count my blessings, catch up on old projects, etc.  Instead I'm sitting inside the house on a gorgeously sunny day, blogging.  Venting.  Searching for pity comments.  (By all means, feel free!)

That's it!  I'm going to do something really crazy!  I'm going to eat some ice cream!  Ha!  And then I might just go on a vigorous walk.  To the mailbox!  Take that overrated due date day!  I'll be here tomorrow and you won't!

Note: Vigorous walking (along with spicy foods, birthing balls, pineapple, membrane stripping, nipple stimulation, sex, trampolines, and bungee jumping) are simply myths and are not scientifically proven to induce labor when overdue.

4 comments:

Marcene said...

lame! here's some pity. D-day isn't until the 6th of june, maybe he just got confused

Audrey said...

I wish I wish I could relate- but Greta came 2 1/2 weeks early, which had it's own set of problems.

BECKY said...

They may not be scientifically proven... but they've got to help!!!

When will you be induced?

Victoria Blanchard said...

I have a strange feeling that I will be writing a similar post in 4 weeks!