Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Pregnancy Blessings

So, I don't want this blog to turn into one of those "My life is so Miserable that I need to Vent the negative things all the time" blogs.  I consider myself a generally happy person and wouldn't change much of anything in my life if I could.  For some reason though it seems like "the woes of life" are more entertaining to share - and perhaps that's true.  And venting is permissible on occasion, but I'll try to limit it.

Anyway.  Yesterday's post got me thinking about things ARE wonderful about being pregnant.  (Plus I don't want to scare anyone out of having children.)  There are far more blessings than fears, but I will only list a reasonable amount.

 

My Pregnancy Blessings:

  1. I’m creating a human being inside my body!  How amazing is that?!  miracle.
  2. I don’t have any stretch marks….yet.
  3. I have a wonderful, loving husband who is just as excited about the baby as I am!  I seriously don’t know how single women handle pregnancy by themselves.  I completely rely on my husband for so many things.  Emotional and physical support, massages, etc.
  4. My husband has a great job with excellent health insurance (both of which we did not have when I became pregnant.  Blessings!)
  5. Enormous support from family and friends.  We’ve hardly had to buy any baby stuff thanks to the carloads of hand-me-downs.
  6. I like being able to eat as much as I want/can without guilt.
  7. I like being able to sleep in as late as I want/can without guilt.
  8. Ice Cream.
  9. My abs often do involuntary belly dancing and it's quite entertaining.

Okay, I’m pretty blessed.  What are your blessings of pregnancy?



7 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Less headaches! I get so many headaches with all the ups and downs of my monthly cycle, so none of that going on for nine months (plus 8 more after baby!) was awesome! Sleeping in was definitely great as well. Holding a newborn baby in my arms and knowing he was all mine...yeah...awesome!

Kristen Moss said...

Oh and PS. Your 39 week pic is fantastic, you are gorgeous and pregnancy totally agrees with you... lets home mommyhood does too. (I am sure it will.)

Victoria Blanchard said...

See, the reason you can't write posts like this is because then all the pregnant women who do have stretch marks hate you. Just kidding! (I do have crazy stretch marks though, you lucky!) I'm also jealous of Hilary because since getting pregnant I've gotten at least one or two headaches a week (sometimes more).

But, I'm totally with you on the miracle bullet point and the husband bullet point. And ultimately, I know that being pregnant is a privilege and an opportunity to become less selfish and more Christ-like, and I'm grateful for that, as hard as it is.

Audrey said...

I didn't get any stretch marks with Greta and so far haven't seen any with this pregnancy either.

Karissa said...

I feel better about having a baby now... maybe some day in the far future ;-)

Miss you guys!

sharla_bee said...

Except for the starving to death I had pretty much all the same fears....the knife and meat really got me. Kind of wierd huh?

Marah said...

EVERYONE holds the door open for me.