Friday, July 3, 2009

My "Up" Date

So, after a 103.8 degree temperature, several sleepless nights, Kirk missing work, and many antibiotics - I feel much better! My boobs are normal again! (I'm sure that you were all wanted to know that). Darn Mastitis.

Nolan is much happier too, now that he's getting enough to eat. Unfortunately I had to resort to something that I never thought I would. Formula. I was totally planning on being a strict breastfeeder but I have to admit, it is SOOO nice having the option to give him a bottle. One bottle per day. Not nearly as bad as I imagined. In fact, it's a welcome relief from the constant 1-3 hour feedings!

Because of this wonderful option, we were able to have our first babysitter today! Aunt Steph came over to watch Nolan while Kirk and I went on a date to see UP! We've been wanting to see that movie since before it came out. (And since Nolan decided to be born on the day it did, we didn't have a chance to until now).

This movie is SO good. I recommend it. It was a nice little break from everything too. Now I'm ready to face full-fledged motherhood again!

4 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved the movie...I just had a little time to blog hop tonight and enjoyed your blog. Happy 4th of July!!

Kristen Moss said...

YAY!!!

The Schulz Family said...

I totally understand how you were feeling about supplementing with formula from a bottle...Because Ben was in the NICU for the first 8 days of his life they HAD to feed him by bottle...because I couldn't be there 24/7 (since I have another child!) I cried a lot...the nice thing was I pumped so he had breastmilk out of the bottle (I'm sure everyone wants to hear that!) ...so even though he was in the hospital I was at home waking up every 3-4 hours to pump!

Victoria Blanchard said...

We supplemented with formula a bit in the hospital too. And we started using a pacifier already. Concessions, concessions . . . but so worth it!