Monday, July 6, 2009

Have Children!

This was an eye-opening video and I completely agree with it:




It reminds me of this paragraph from The Family Proclamation:

"The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God’s commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife."

Bold statement. But VERY true. Unfortunately, fewer and fewer people are agreeing these days.

The family is the fundamental unit of society.


4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow. I had never really thought of it in those terms. Just another reason for keeping the family strong!

Anna W said...

Just make sure you're not judging others who don't have babies ;)

Julia said...

Wow. That is really interesting. I would love to see it when it comes out. Yay for families.

Victoria Blanchard said...

Interesting . . . I'm getting my PhD in sociology right now and I took at demography class where we discussed these very issues. I don't think this movie preview represents the views of most academics in the field (most continue to express interest in family planning and limited population growth or even stable or slightly declining populations). And one interesting thing is that while most/many developed countries have fertility rates near or below replacement level, a large number of developing countries, although they are experiencing declining fertility, still are well above replacement level (4-5 kids per woman). So what happens when the only countries replacing their populations are politically and economically unstable nations such as in sub-Saharan Africa? I'm not saying I disagree with the movie preview, I just thought I'd point out that these population issues are highly controversial, even among those "in the know.