Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Child is so Ad-Vahnced

G-ma, G-pa, and I were hanging out with Nolan during tummy time when he was 12 DAYS old. I pulled out the video camera in hopes to capture a good head lift.

But to our complete surprise, he did THIS:


Most babies don't do that until they're about 3 months old. He's 12 DAYS here! At first we thought it was just a fluke, but he's done it a few more times since then.

Yeah, our kid's pretty smart. He's all muscle. Just like his daddy. But I'm ready for him to slow down and stop growing up now. He's already 4 weeks old today!


I just realized how technically incorrect my "I got that on tape" comment is. Nothing is "on tape" anymore. But really, what else do you say? "I got that on my massive internal gigabyte storage." It's just not as catchy. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

sharla_bee said...

You are in for some trouble! I bet Nolan will be crawling at 4 months at that rate!

Crazy In Love said...

My neice rolled over really quick too. She was rolling the day they brought her home from the hospital. She is already standing up by herself and taking steps and she is only 9 1/2 months old so I bet you Nolan will be a quick learner as well :) I keep wanting to come over and visit but it is always to late when I think to call :( Hopefully soon though!

Marcene said...

smart boy= lots of trouble

Amy Updike said...

Yeah Nolan! That is pretty fantastic.

BECKY said...

Dang he's good! And I loved the "I got that on tape" scream. In fact, for some reason I thought it sounded like me talking. Ha.

And SO sorry you're feeling sick. :( I hope it improves rreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally soon. Hooray that Kirk is a fab hubby.

The Schulz Family said...

Wow, that is so awesome that you "got that on tape"...what else would you call it?!
I remember one morning when I was feeding Ben I had to grab a burp cloth so I set him on the bed next to his daddy and when I came back he rolled over...I was so amazed!!! I thought that it was too early though...'cause he's already growning up too fast :-(
He's already 8 weeks now! Ahhhh!

Cory said...

Good work! What a guy! :-)