Tuesday, June 2, 2009

He's Here! part 1

Thank you to hubby Kirk for at least getting SOMETHING posted about our new, cute, oodles of joy! Nolan is doing great and definitely has his daddy's calm temperament (Thank goodness! Some day I'll get one just like me and wonder how my parents did it).

Details?? I want to write out the whole story right now! But due to recent lack-of-sleepness (hence the 3 am post) and uncomfortable engorgement and tender tears, the details will have to come in segments. Overall, things went well - but certainly not as expected:)

No, it was not a front porch delivery. thank goodness.

Just after my 12am, post about contractions and going to the hospital, we got there and (I'm in pain mind you) they told us to GO HOME. What!?! I purposefully waited THREE HOURS of regular and extremely uncomfortable contractions to be SURE that this was it. You hear too many stories about people being sent home from the hospital cause they jumped the gun, and I wasn't about to be one of THOSE people.

But I was. Apparently, they WERE real contractions, but I was still only dilated at 2 cm. Luckily I at least got some mega drugs to help me get some sleep at home. And I had no idea how precious those last few hours of sleep would be.

The sleep drugs they gave me kicked in while still in the car just before getting home (around 3am). And that’s when the hallucinations kicked in…..

I have no idea how I got onto the couch. All I remember was that everything in the room turned yellow and there were bright lights dancing on the ceiling. Kirk was trying to talk to me, but for some reason he had a strange goatee and a pointy Chinese hat on. I remember looking at him with fondness and saying “Aww, you’re my little Samurai Warrior…” And then I was OUT.

When I woke up I was confused about where I was. I forgot that I was pregnant (yeah, weird), and I asked Kirk, “Where did all the people go??” He said looked at me strangely and said, “Umm, who?” “Everyone! Everyone was here. Where’d they go?” I insisted.

Eventually the drugs wore off and I was reminded of the contractions, which had painfully increased to the “don’t touch or talk to me I hurt everywhere!” kind of pain. We decided that it was time to go to the hospital again. This really WAS it.

By then it was 7:30am, which means morning rush hour traffic on the HWY. Of course. Traffic was going no where. I had FOUR extremely painful contractions just while waiting for the ramp signal. They really need a special labor and delivery lane.

BUT we eventually made it to good old St. Vincent (the same hospital that I was born at : ) and check in AGAIN. The people at the front desk sadly recognized us. I got to ride in the wheel chair again!

They finally decide that I’m dilated enough to be admitted. I was at 5 whole cintemeters…..

....Okay, gotta go. Baby needs milking machine! Here are some pictures for your taunting pleasure:





Here's the happy Trio. Our first family photo!
(This will not be mounted as an 8x10 entry room photo)


More to come! Check back after the next feeding and REM cycle!




9 comments:

BECKY said...

So happy. :) :) :)

Angie... you look SO great in the fam picture!

Nolan has hair! I love how cute his hands are!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

Marcene said...

Oh my, I can't wait to see him in person he is so cute! Aud had her baby june 1st. Glad you are doing well. I love the name you picked. Love you! Congrats!

Kristen Moss said...

Beautiful simply beautiful.


Jared said that the "special labor and deliver lane" is the shoulder with your four ways on. Were you crying, I would have been bawling.



Good for you. I am so happy for you.

Kristen Moss said...

What drug did they give you? I want some. I was thinking about it, and i was just wondering what stuff they give a nine month old progo?

Kristen Moss said...

Haha... I mean nine month prego... you got it.

BECKY said...

I'm hoping for a new post over by Monday!

BECKY said...

delete over and replace it with here.... not sure what i was trying to say....

sharla_bee said...

He's gorgeous! congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!