Friday, June 5, 2009

Here's Here! Part 2


Umm, I recomend reading part 1 first. Just an idea.

Sorry that it's taking me a while to get this second part posted. I'm sure you've all been anxiously waiting on the edge of your seats for the next part. Well, I’ve been anxiously waiting on the edge of my bed for the next feeding, changing, sleeping, feeding, changing, sleeping, feeding.....

I have much more respect for people with babies now.

Ok. So there I was. 5 cm dilated. They wheel me into the “birthing suite” – which is more like your average Motel 6 room with tile floors and an adjustable bed, minus the smoke smell. The nurses are coming in every 2 mins, sitckin’ and pokin’ me with all kinds of things. I have to say that my all time favorite shot was the EPIDURAL. And it didn't hurt as bad as people say. I've had worse novocaine shots at the dentist. Once I got that I was good to go J Highly recommend it. I can honestly say that I enjoyed the whole labor experience thanks to the epidural. I even remember thinking while in the thick of it all that I’d be willing to have another kid someday. It wasn’t so bad J

SEE?

note the zebra pillows; a comfort from home.

I was sitting there for several hours, waiting in anticipation to finally meet our little guy. Don’t remember much during this part. Although we did watch all 3 hours of Anne of Green Gables (Good reminder of how things used to be and how grateful I am for how things are now. Especially when it comes to medical advancements).

I started pushing at 2:30pm. By about 4:00 he was crowning and ready to come out. His little head was visible. I could see it!! But of course the nurses are all telling me to wait for the doctor to come and that she’d be there in about 10 mins. WAIT!? I’m not going to WAIT!! I want to push this kid out NOW!! I’ve waited nine months to see him I’m not going to WAIT another 10 mins!

But then, every Relief Society lesson about patience and enduring to the end popped into my head and I bit my tongue. It’s better to scream in your head than out loud. Right???

20 minutes later the doc shows up.

A couple big pushed and he's out! This beautiful, wet, scrunched up baby appears! He’s not crying, he’s just very lethargic and relaxed – like it was no big deal that he’d just passed through a 10 cm tunnel. But then the Russian nurses come to the rescue and rough him up. He soon begins to cry..

Sigh.

I don’t get to hold him for 5 mins. But it felt like 5 hours. I was soooooo happy and relieved when they finally placed him in my arms. Who wouldn’t be??


Tear.

And then I immediately ordered TWO chocolate milkshakes!

I’d been planning on that milkshake for quite some time. Mmmm. Chocolate J

Chocolate.

But even more than the mircale of chocolate, BABIES are certainly the biggest blessing there is. A gift from Heavenly Father. I was not quite prepared for the overwhelming love I would feel for this child. I’ve been around a lot of newborns, but I’m in awe when I hold and kiss my little Nolan. It sometimes feels like a dream and I look around and wonder, “Okay, when is his mother going to come and take him back.” And then I realize that I’m the mother. I’m a mother! I’m a MOM!!!!

He's home now!




Just 5 days old.


Prepare yourself. Zillion more cute photos to follow :)




13 comments:

Kristen Moss said...

OMGoodness, he is freaking cute. WOW he is so beautiful.

Bring on the pictures.

Good job with labor, I totally agree the epidural is amazing.

Victoria Blanchard said...

I'm glad you had such a good experience! And I love the pic where he's sticking out his tongue! What a cutie!

Audrey said...

I love that you ordered two milkshakes afterward. I was so starving waiting for Jade to be born. I hate that you're not supposed to eat.

Crazy In Love said...

Angie-
I loved your blog so much! To be honest with you, I think reading it made me acutally excited that I am pregnant and get to have a baby in 5 months! Nolan is SO handsome and I can't wait to meet him. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you guys. Thanks again for the story! It made my day

Caitlin Walker

Marah said...

I remember your putting those zebra pillows on your wedding registry!

I know that feeling that someone is going to come and take the baby and say, "Thanks, you did a good job, now he's going to his REAL home." It took several months with my first-born for that feeling to completely go away.

Karissa said...

He's adorable! Good job! =) Cory and I are happy for you guys! Give Nolan a kiss for me, k? =)

Marcene said...

I think your mom is getting younger. MMMM milkshakes, good idea. Can't wait to see you

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Loved the story. How'd you come up with Nolan? I have a brother in-law named Nolan and we don't meet many of those. Congrats on your little guy! All babies comes with their own love. :)

Angie said...

Nolan is Kirk's middle name. We really like that it also means noble.

Wendy said...

Congratulations!!!

So glad that everything went so well. Still can't believe you're a mom! Weren't you just in Laurels? =)

Kristen Moss said...

Okay, this may be kida confusing, but try it. Click on customize, at the top of the blog and click the layout tab, then click on page elements and then click add a gadget. this is where you added your blog list and other stuff. Then click the little plus sign by the HTML/java script choice and put the code in there.

GOOD LUCK.


Also... Are you doing baby announcements? DO you have someone to do them for you? Do you want someone to do them for you??????????????????????????????????? You probably already have that all figured out, but if not, let ME know.

BECKY said...

Um wow, great story. I totally almost cried. The pictures are GREAT! I'm so glad people were snapping them because there are some AWESOME ones there. (especially you eating that choco shake) :) I can't believe they didn't let you hold him for 5 min... I think I would have wigged out. He totally has his dad's hair... check out that widow's peak. :) Can't wait for the flood of pics!

amanda said...

Dave said about the picture where he's sticking out his tongue "that's so angie's baby"

seriously, he's adorable.

And Dave's getting all weirded out you have a kid and he remembers 2nd grade with you!