Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My AWKWARD laughter

As some of you may know, when you have stitches in the "down there" area, some tasks like sneezing, coughing, and moving become quite painful. Laughing also falls into that category. It hurts to repeatedly flex those laughing muscles over and over again!

Just a few days after delivery, Kirk showed me this hilarious website - sending me on a painful laughing spree. I couldn't stop. Even though it was killing me. My laughter turned into this weird sounding repetitive gasp (ever tried laughing without flexing your abs? It sounds weird.)

Now that I can laugh again, I recommend checking out awkwardfamilyphotos.com

These are some of my favorite photos:

There's plenty of room on the couch.
But all the chairs are taken.

The Swinger: When you've got it, you've got it.

Razmataz: What if we told you that kids talked mom into this?

Gift Reciepts.

Don't even bother showing up to a dinner party at this family's house without a little white dog.

A true gem.

A reminder that being seen in a family photograph is a privilege, not a right.

This is what happens when your male role model is both a gym teacher and a priest.

Mommy the Pooh:
The father was so relieved when he found out he was gonna be Eeyore.

Even the tree felt this one was awkward.

For real?

6 comments:

Amy Updike said...

I'm coughing now because I'm laughing so hard! What in the world were they thinking!? Awesome, thanks for that!

Amy Updike said...

Speaking of Awkward...Last year in the primary program my Kale was standing in front of all the kids "singing" (a.k.a. yelling at the top of his lungs) "AWKWARD EVER AWKWARD as we glory in His name..." Now we have a new song to sing during awkward moments!

Marcene said...

oh man, that was great. tears, lots of tears. I shouldn't comment, I have made many awkward family photo appearances

BECKY said...

the sofa one.... oh man! actually all of them. those are pure beauty. and the comments... perrrrrrrrrrrfect!

Kristen Moss said...

I thought I was gunna pop a stich every time jared made me laugh in the hospital. and mine was across my tummy, I thought that my bladder would fall out of my belly button. WORST PAIN EVER. I am so with ya.


The last one freaks me out and makes me LOL at the same time. That is a bad combo.






UMMMM! HECK YES, we need to hang out. NO QUESTION!

Maran said...

Hey Angie! I'm glad to see that you have a blog! Congrats on having a baby. He is SO adorable! I love your stories about labor and delivery!