Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Cupcake

The other day G-ma, my niece, and I went on an adventure to downtown P-town in search of cupcakes.  Against all logical reason (who goes downtown at 4:00 on a Friday??), we braved the traffic and achieved what I would call a success.  Only a few weird looks from old men and we did finally find a parking spot only 5 blocks away from our destination.



G-ma found her Hole-in-the-wall-Gluten-free-bread-place (I think that's the official name), and paid an arm and a foot for a couple cookies.  But I imagine it's worth it when deprivation is the only other option.


We walked by a thrift shop.....and of course I had to stop,  not to get anything, but just in case I happen to see something that I absolutely needed for super cheap.  They had some good deals going on, but this hat was just not doin' it for me.


Shel and I were more excited about the Hole-in-the-wall-Cupcake-place (official name), than the glue-free place, because we got to pay an arm, foot, AND a leg for these overpriced globs of sugar with frosting on top.


Ok, G-ma paid for them.  (she had no limbs left by the end of this trip).

I'll say that is was worth it.  Then again I am a Sugarholical and have given myself very little limitations since being preggo.  (Finally an excuse).  

Note: the Hole-in-the-Wall-Cupcake-place did not have any place to actually EAT your cupcake (it IS a hole-in-the-wall after all), so we had to go next door and set our little tushes on the Ben & Jerry's stools, where I also finally got to relieve myself (not on the stool of course, but in their restroom).

This adventure successfully reminded me of 2 reasons why I only VISIT downtown instead of live there 1. public restrooms and 2. lack of chairs.

No comments: