Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Day of Paint


 So I fainlly decided to put my colorful nursery idea into action this week.  Mostly out of desperation - I'm not getting any smaller and who knows when this baby will really come.

Trying to describe my colorful stripes-on-the-wall idea to people raised some eye brows.  But I'm happy to report that is turned out just as good on the wall as it did in my head.



I was very grateful for Amy to come down off the mountain and grace me with her painting expertise. (Sidenote: Amy is my husband's ex-step dad's half brother's wife.......which is way too confusing. We were happy to discover that we are actually fourth cousins....and that is much easier to say).


There is no way that I was getting on that ladder at 7 months pregnant.  I have a hard time just standing on solid ground as it is!


The new green "frog tape" works much better than the blue tape.  FYI.


Clean-up was a crazy, exhausting mess!  But it got me to finally clean my bathtub.  (BTW, all those colors mixed together were not so purty : )


It was quite exciteing to remove the tape and see the final product!!!  I like it a lot!  Hopefully the kid isn't too overstimulated by all this contrast.

Yes, I also made the curtains (with the help of Marah).  And I'll post more pictures as the I add the finishing touches (like the crib, wall decorations, and stuff).

14 comments:

Karissa said...

I love it! That is a super cute idea!!! Love love love!

Kirk said...

Well I helped pull the tape off and cover up the little bleeds under the tape...oh and I hung those curtains. I don't see my name in here anywhere. Oh and I helped finance everything :)

Angie said...

Hey! I got him to post something! I knew he'd have something to say eventually.

Yes, Kirk did help a lot. Next time I'll even take pictures of him doing something :)

Janelle said...

LOVE IT! It helps to see it instead of just read or hear about it. How did you dad feel about you painting in the condos? Great job :-) It makes me want to come to Oregon...YAY!

Marcene said...

looks fun...very stimulating! I hope this kid isn't color blind or he won't have any apprciation for all your hard labor...on the room

BECKY said...

Wow, I was a bit worried at first, but I LOVE how clean it all came out! Maybe he'll grow up and work at that Hot Dog place... the name is not coming to me right now...

I like it! Can't wait to see the rest of the decor!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Hot Dog on a Stick is the name Becky. Haha...I was a bit worried, too, but that turned out pretty cool!

Amy Updike said...

It looks FABULOUS! I can't wait to see it in person. Kudoos to you & your bravery. :)

Angie said...

Thanks for the positive comments. It will encourage me to finish the room sometime sooner than later.

My parents are are okay with me painting it - as long as I do a good job painting it back, which could be a challenge.

I hope my kids isn't color blind either Marcene:)

Marah said...

The room looks amazing!!! I'm glad you've started blogging. It's hard to keep up with you guys!

Jessica said...

Cute blog and congrats on the new edition! Im a blog stalker... hope you don't mind:)
www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com

Anna W said...

Cuteness!

Kristen Moss said...

That looks way good!

Brett said...

Your boy is going to finish high school and suddenly realize that he wants to be a clown.