Friday, April 17, 2009

My Decorating Fetish

So, I'm not much into crafty scrap-booking and such. But I LOVE decorating. It's pretty much a constant, never ending project for me. There's always something somewhere that can be improved until it's just right.

Oh, and I try to get things as
next to free as possible. That's part of the fun.

Here is my latest addition:




I finally found the red pillows and red rug that I've been hunting for nearly two years! Yay for Goodwill!

The pillows originally from Pottery Barn: $15.

The rug from Ikea: $20 (They were asking $40, but I was able to talk it down with the manager, cause you know, it wasn't quite cheap enough for me to seriously consider).

Everything else in this picture was free thanks to family and gifts, minus the coffee table and the side table - also second hand purchases.


Next quest:  that lamp has got to be replaced.

3 comments:

Karissa said...

Looks awesome! I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes to find good deals on second-hand stuff! =)

Marah said...

What?!? You can talk prices down with the manager?

Angie said...

Oh of course. Managers are usually pretty anxious to get rid of stuff at Goodwill, especially big stuff like furniture. That's how I got two more kitchen chairs that match the others for $20. She also tried to tried to get me to take a random table too, but I had no use for it.